Sunday 4 May 2014

Vikram Chandra at the Wheeler Centre




I am very excited today about having booked by first event at the Wheeler Centre with one of my favourite authors Vikram Chandra.

The Wheeler Centre is a literary and publishing centre that was founded to support Melbourne's bid to become a UNESCO City of Literature and is housed in the State Library (another one of my favourite haunts). This talk will focus on Vikram's latest book "Geek Sublime: Writing Fiction, Coding Software" which I have not read yet. The premise sounds very interesting to me, given I did spend a large part of the first 5 years of my career "coding software" like many many Indians of my generation.

16 days to go. Enough to get a copy of "Geek Sublime" and finish it? I think so :)

[Read my review of Geek Sublime here]

No comments:

Post a Comment